My sister traveled to England recently and lamented the fact that she couldn’t find any suitably hilarious punk commemorative tea towels. So, obviously, I had to quickly dash off a few Sex Pistols inspired tea towel designs to Spoonflower for printing.
How to get a tea towel printed at SpoonFlower.
You can download an html (editable in Word) or a photoshop file of the calendar template over on spoonflower here.
I don’t know anything about Word so I have no clue why you would want to download something that is editable in Word. whatever.
- Create a new photoshop file that is about 27″ by 18″
- Copy and paste in calendar parts if you want.
- Grab some images and drop them in and arrange them. In this case I wouldn’t be to het up about your images resolution. Even a crappy downloaded from google images gif ends up looking mostly okay. Don’t sweat it but the higher the res the better.
- Once you have your image ready you can go to SpoonFlower.com and create a profile.
- Then go to http://www.spoonflower.com/designs/new and upload your photoshop file.
- Now it is time to order your tea towel. There are various fabrics you can choose from. I’ve made all mine with the linen-cotton canvas and printed it centered on a fat quarter. It’s the perfect size and easy as pie to hem. The linen-cottom canvas ends up being 14$ but I think the quilting weight cotton would end up working fine as well and those are 11$.
Lat night Vim and I made English muffins with the Alton Brown recipe. DAMN! They are good. This recipe calls for cooking them on a griddle, which we don’t have. I just used a large pan and ended up sort of scorching the outsides of several of them. I would like to try an oven baked recipe next so that I can get that cornmeal on the bottom feel to them. I’m thinking on the pizza stone would work quite well.
Look at this lusciousness!
Coming soon: Some geek tea towels and more punk ones including Joan Jett!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.